Today on the Dr. Oz Show, we learn about the Flat Belly Diet, a program that promises to flatten your tummy in just 30 days. We meet the creator of the program, Celebrity Trainer Brett Hoebel. He has helped Contestants on Biggest Loser and Fat Chef, Lingerie Models, Stay at Home Moms. His home workout program is RevAbs. It is based on Abcentrics to help you burn twice as many calories in the same amount of time, and does not use crunches because they will not work.
Dr. Oz says the ideal waist is:
- 32 inches for women
- 35 inches for men
30 Day Flat Belly Plan
No More Bloat Smoothie: Start Morning
Fresh fruit: pineapple, papaya and pear, flax seeds, ginger with probiotic straws to help grow natural bacteria in your stomach to help the body.
Not just what you eat, how you absorb the food. Increase digestion.
Bedtime Belly Supplements
- Essential Fatty Acids: Tonalin CLA: can increase fat metabolism and decrease the fat absorption.
- L-Glutamine: Helps sugar get stored in the muscle, rather than in the belly as fat.
10 Foods to Eat for the Next 30 Days
- Brown Rice
- Oatmeal (natural)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Apple and Berries
- Almond Butter
These are the only foods you can eat while on the 30 Day Flat Belly Diet. No calorie counting. The key is adding flavor and texture to make it easier to stick to. Recipes are on the Dr. Oz website.
Flat Belly Massage to Help Relieve Stress and Improve Digestion
Warm up your hands by rubbing them together, lift up your shirt and rub your stomach with small clockwise circles. Deep breath in, breathe out, 40 times.
Flatten Your Belly in Just Five Minutes a Day
- Balanca: 1 minute
- Cardio Boxing: 1 minute
- Modified Crunches: 1 minute
- Modified Planks: 1 minute
- Modified Situps: 1 minute
There are also modifications to each of the moves for people who cannot do the standard moves. Demos will be on Dr. Oz website.
All Natural Fixes for Your Biggest Sleep Problems
Prescription sleeping pills have dangers: side effects, addiction. Take them no more than 3 to 4 nights a week, for no longer than 4 to 6 weeks. More than that is a problem.
- Cannot fall asleep: Nature made Sleep Aid: Passion flower extract (sedative) L-Theonine (green tea) to help reduce stress, and Melatonin to help regulate the sleep cycles.
- Can’t stay asleep: Take a calcium and magnesium two hours before bedtime to help stabilize your sleep.
- Hot Flashes: due to decreased estrogen levels, Estroven mimics estrogen in the body naturally to reduce flashes through stabilizing hormone levels in the body.
- Pain: 5-HTP: converts to serotonin in the brain and decreases the body’s sensitivity to pain. The less sleep you get the more sensitive to pain you are. Take 5HTP with a bit of asprin two hours before bed to stabilize sleep.
One Hour Sleeping Plan for the Best Sleep of Your Life
What you do in the final hour before bed can impact how well you sleep. Here is a countdown plan for the last hour before you go to bed. Everyone should aim for a 10 pm bedtime, because the melatonin hormone surge around then. Longer than that, you’ll get a second wind and it will be harder to fall asleep. Start your plan at 9 pm.
9:00: Make the Tired Tea
Use Chamomile with a few drops of liquid melatonin to help make you tired and regulate sleep hormones.
9:15: Lavender Steam Facial: Aroma will help you reduce stress and anxiety
Boil two cups of water. Add a 18 drops of lavender oil into the water. Place face over bowl and breath in for a few minutes.
9:30: Turn Down the Heat
Get it 65 to 68 degrees in your room. Stop taking phone calls, etc. to turn down emotional heat as well.
9:45: Relax Before You Sleep: Relax Your Muscles
Lie down on the floor on a mat. Extend legs up against the wall, with your butt about 6 inches away from the wall, breathe, stretch, and relax. Finish the stretches, and turn the lights off within 10 minutes.
Best Dessert for Sleep
Date Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Whipped Cream with an Apricot and Chamomile Infusion
- Use Agave Nectar and Honey for sweeteners
Step One: Bread
- 4 slices Honey whole wheat bread, cubed, toasted in the oven for 10 minutes. Put in a pan.
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates Add to toasted bread.
Step Two: Make the custard
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean: split to expose
- 3 eggs, whisked in a separate bowl
- Add agave
Step Three: Making the Bread Pudding
Step Four: Make the Infusion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 1/2 cup apricots
Top 3 Energy Boosters to Give You Energy Throughout the Day
- Cottage Cheese: pound for pound best protein for energy. Helps keep you fuller longer so you don’t over eat.
- Kola Nut Extract Drink: Two drops of extract to a glass of water, with some lemon juice: kick of vitamin C, and caffeine from kola nut.
- Fruit Kabob: Watermelon, Apples, Bananas, Strawberries: Make them and freeze them (will last for up to 8 months) so you have them when you need them.
Monday on Dr. Oz, we’ll learn the best appetite suppressants to make your weight loss plan easier.